The turning of the seasons is an opportunity to consider essential home maintenance projects with help from a handyman in Cache Valley.
Not only does routine seasonal maintenance make your home look its best, it can also help preserve the structural integrity of your home and protect it moving forward. This is especially important with another Cache Valley winter right around the corner.
Here are some home improvement projects we urge Cache Valley residents to consider every autumn. And of course, we’re here to help take some stress off your plate by checking these off your list for you!
Fall Home Improvement To-Do’s
- Check your windows for damage and for proper seals. If you have single-pane windows, you may consider having double-pane windows installed to help keep your home well-insulated.
- Inspect your roof, repair damage, and replace missing shingles. A roofing contractor can assist with this and make sure the job is done to code. This helps prevent roof leaks and water damage while also boosting curb appeal.
- Maintain your landscape by trimming and pruning overgrown bushes, trees, and shrubs. Low-hanging foliage is not only unsightly but can damage your home during a storm.
- Refresh your carpets, upholstery, and area rugs with professional cleaning.
- Clean out rain gutters. Removing clogs of leaves and dirt is essential to make sure winter precipitation and snowmelt can drain away from your home properly.
- Have your fireplace and chimney cleaned by a professional.
- If there are any leaks in your attic or compromised insulation, have it sealed and repaired to keep pests out and warm air in.
- Have your HVAC system serviced. The last thing you want to deal with is a furnace that doesn’t work when the weather gets cold!
Handyman In Cache Valley
It’s important to have a reputable professional take care of many of these projects for you. JBs Handyman is here to help as your trusted handyman in Cache Valley!